Wednesday, March 25, 2009

hmm....

I am still sick...What a way to start an article. I was fine yesterday night after recuperating from my tummy upset and on the way to bed when the room started spinning erratic and then all hell broke loose...I threw up, actually more than once, 5 times to be precise. No, I am not pregnant. It'd have been a better reason than suffering from an unknown illness. I have had similar tummy problems on and off for the past 3 years now. Had been for an endoscopy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound...virtually everything and I am fine. And yet this issue keeps cropping up. I must be over-reactive to Pariet, the medication that I was taking yesterday to soothe the disconcrted tummy. It was barely an hour and a half before I felt really sick and my mind began to reel. Oh well, all shall be revealed soon anyway...

On a lighter note, I am feeling overjoyed that I am still "in the loop" and much in contact with my friends back home. Facebook is a really good avenue to keep in touch with lost friends and I have found a few since the last month. Some friendships can survive the distance and I am happy to say mine can. It's really amazing how people change and everyone of us has come a long way since primary, secondary, college and university years. Sometimes, it's fun to reminisce those golden years. I have not been an exceptionally bright student but I have been lucky to survive the agony of 21 years of education. Or was it more??

Somehow, I find it amusing to think how early I have to wake up for school in Singapore when I was in primary. 4am! How ridiculous is that?! I can't blame it entirely on my bus driver who decided I would be the first few to be picked up on his route. The main rational was, I took an hour to munch (while nodding off) on my breakfast. I was a painfully slow eater. I am still the same. I can still recall my aunt saying " Since your dad's in the construction business, why don't you ask him to do something to help expand your food passageway so you can finish your food faster??" Quirky, very quirky....but perhaps she was right after all. The only thing my dad did helped me in was pinching the bridge of my nose everyday for 8 years to make sure it wasn't going to grow flat. Very clever... :)

There were many interesting things along the way when I was growing up. I had a huge crush on a guy when I was in Secondary. He was not the smartest but I found him to be irressistably desirable. Those began the times when I would sit in the rain (mind you, it's not a drizzle) to watch his basketball game and sometimes just enjoying the sight of him practicing. But I must have given the wrong impresssion to his team-mates because I caught the attention of the Captain instead and he started fancying me! Funny why he would be interested in someone as tiny as me. He was a hulk compared to me, standing at 190cm tall! But he was lean and he was a looker. I never did gave him a chance though because my heart was someplace else. I sometimes wonder what the outcome would be if I did? I did however chanced upon him 3 years back at one of the MRT stations in Singapore and quite frankly, we were both abashed and I left, red-faced in a separate direction. I think I must have ran awkwardly funny because I can see from the corner of my eye he had curved up a cheeky smile. Well, what did you expect? Afterall, he was still a charm and I was looking like rags after a tiring day. Laughable!

Fast forward to now. Much have changed and gone were those simple days. My career, mortgage, marriage and everything else are what take up most of my waking hours. The only time when I can actually stop thinking and start dreaming is when I am reading. Reading on the train, reading at lunch-time, reading on weekends...They take me away from this paper-chase society - Hail! Money o'Mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment