Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Iffy Proposition

I am sick. I am not sure why but I can feel my body giving way and my tummy churning every morning when I wake up and in the nights. So here I am, sitting up on my bed, checking through my emails and writing this whilst waiting for my doctor's appointment to arrive. It's not a perfect story to tell but well, you've got to be honest even when you are down in the dumps, don't you?

Yesterday during lunch, I read an article on Yahoo Australia of the top 10 hottest vacation spots people go to for 2 weeks of volunteer work. This immediately evoked my deepest sentiments and I regretted not informed of this sooner or we would have booked our next flight to Peru or South Africa instead because it cost as much going to Rome and Italy. I have more than once mentioned to my partner that the best thing that we can do when we retire is to travel around doing volunteer work. I am not a saint by nature but I hope to be more of a giver.

I like finding strength in others. Especially helpless people who are bounded by ill-fate and the chains of society. I am a free person, and I have my own right. If that is the difference between us, why can't I hope for sunrise tomorrow like they do?? And I start to appreciate things and people around me. I always make a mental note to tell people how I feel everyday of my life, to caution my hubby when he's on the roads, to utter a word of thanks in every little thing he does for me, like bringing the dog in, setting the bed or even just making a doctor's appointment for me. It's the simplest things that you can do to make a difference in your life.

Some lives are destined to be led and some you can't choose because you are powerless and dependent on the choices of others. But at the end of the day, if you are special in just one single person's heart, you have satisfied a paramount need in your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment