It's Autumn again this time of the year and I am not too much into the cold rains and ballistic winds. Today's ANZAC day, a day to commemorate and honour the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps soldiers whom in 1915 formed part of the allied expedition that set out to capture the Gallipoli peninsula to open the way to the Black Sea for the allied navies. And I totally forgot that it's a public holiday today. And so we set off to Belgrave to visit one of the extraordinary magic shops opened by one of the most popular "white witches" or clairvoyant in Australia to have my fortune read, just for kicks. An hour and a bit more of drive later, we found out that to our disappointment, it was closed for the holiday. Or well, rather than sulking in the drizzle, we decided to explore the little town. Most shops were closed but we found a rather special cafe nearby and decided to take some pictures to remember.
Don't be fooled by my summer wear for the weather is much colder than it looks in the photo. I have my coat handy and am thankful I'm wearing boots as well. Even if the winds were chilly, I can't help but admit that Autumn is indeed the most beautiful season in the entire year. It reminds me of a sorrowful yet timeless love story with the love-birds on the verge of separating on a busy street, with a magnificent back-drop, with trees of spendid orange-red, a fiery display of affection just like the one below:

Afterwards we decided to head to Glen Waverly for some cakes and drinks and then karaoke. It has been ages since I last sang. I think my voice is getting a bit rusty from the lack of practice. It was still good fun nonetheless. The only thing is that I could not find one of the newer songs th
at I had wanted to try my voice on. Oh well, I might just have to practice in the showers... :)
at I had wanted to try my voice on. Oh well, I might just have to practice in the showers... :)I am looking forward to summer though as it is getting too cold for runs in the morning. This morning after cereal, as usual we went for a run along Mentone beach. It was freezing and you can literally hear the whoosh whoosh of the waves as they stirred with the winds. I guess there is something I should thank the chills for, though. Precisely because it was so cold, I managed to clock a 4.4km distance in 20mins. It's a good stress reliever, running and just enjoying the beach view. It always calms me down. I love the vastness of the sea and you can just dispense all of your worries and toss your troubles away because the white shores and the blue trims of the waters just makes everything else unimportant and insignificant.

No comments:
Post a Comment