Life is so unpredictable. I have been experiencing severe tummy aches for 3 years ever since I came to Melbourne. I have done every test possible but to no avail. Everything seems normal until I did my blood test a week ago and got the test results today. One of the component in my blood content known as Amylase is 2 times higher than the normal range. I have pancreatitis. Now I have to see a gastro specialist to reaffirm what should/should not be done and how severe this is going to be. Well, what irony...All the scopes in the world cannot be compared to one full blood test...
And then it struck me. I guess if anything bad happens to me, at least I want to have the audacity to say that I have tried to be a good person. So, out of impulse, I got Meng together to one of the restaurants in Springvale and bought 2 live coral trouts. They were barely alive when we saw them in the tank. The restaurant manager insisted that they would not live past 15 mins out of the tank because they require a temperature of 13 degree celcius to live. We decided that the sea was closer to where we are living than the river. So, we took our chances and bought them. I never expected myself to sprint down Springvale road and Nepean Hwy like I did tonight while Meng held on to his dear life the big black bag with the fish and some ice water. I drove like a fanatic until we reached the pier tonight. Meng released them in the shallow waters for fear they are dead. We cannot bring them out to sea and the only hope we have is to wish they would swim away themselves to deeper parts of the ocean. By the time I parked the car and ran down the pier to meet Meng, they were gone. I was estatic that tonight I have tried doing something meaningful...It's a small gesture but it's a start...
I also thought to myself that I have in this life of mine, gone through what others my age may not have experienced. I have at least truely felt sorry for someone, fallen in love hard, cried my heart out and felt true happiness. That is what life should be. It should be filled with colours and rigged with splendours. Having support when you need it, being around loved ones, and knowing that whatever happens to you, you will be always loved. I am lucky because I have all that and I know that happiness is what you want to see it to be. It is often something/someone that you will tend to take for granted and fail to acknowledge when you have it. That is why happiness seemed so short-lived and fleeting like the scattered clouds in the sky. Happiness will be there if you want it and it's all in the simple things you do and the people that you care about in your life right now. True feelings stay in your heart for the rest of your life and the ability to acknowledge and embrace them is true happiness....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment