Monday, May 4, 2009

I woke up with ache today. My feet are sore and the muscles on my thighs are just killing me. And it's all because of weeds, tulips and strawberries...No I am not kidding. Gardening is like the worst nightmare but when you get down and dirty onto it, it's like an addiction that you can't stop. You just feel the adrenaline getting the wiggly weeds out and your excitement when you plant the luxurious seedlings and baby shoots in. The greens just make you happy. Everything is pretty much dead after the excruciating temperatures not long ago that prolonged the bush fires in Summer. Now I am determined to make it alive again.



I have never in my life lifted a hoe, garden rake and spade but yesterday I was vigoriously working, ploughing the soils clean of weeds and hydrating the dry lands so I could plant in lovely tulips and juicy strawberries. Anything for food. haha...Landscaping is probably one of the more interesting activities you can engage in during the weekends. It's like free gym, because you get to flex your arms and you get to stretch your body muscles. It was good fun when it lasted but the aftermaths of it is hell. Now I'm walking on 2 wobbly jelly legs and it's not at all funny.



Saturday we visited a friend who is having a baby girl soon. I was amazed at how agile she was even when she is in her 6th month of pregnancy. I admire her strength and her energy when she took me around her house, upstairs and downstairs and explained each room in detail. When I came to Melbourne, I have left all my close friends behind and the ones who knew me back home can read me like a book. I am amazed to find that I can actually find a few of my mates here whom I can really relate to and trust in. Sure, I have plentiful friends here and they are excellent company but those whom I can really divulge my life to, are scarce. I am like an open book. I am painfully honest, sometimes to no good end because you need to keep a few secrets to yourself. But I have none. I am like an open bag where you can peek in and view its entire contents. That is one of my downfalls as well. Even Meng feels I need to stop pouring my heart out to everyone. I trust easily as well and that is like a death sentence. I need to make a mental note somehow to keep to myself more. I am digressing...this has of course, absolutely nothing to do with gardening...

So there, that's basically sums up my weekend. I am looking forward to more inspiring events ahead in the coming week and I can't wait for my first strawberry harvest :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. Tulips! I love them. It is great to be able to plant a bed of Tulips at your own house garden. It is beautiful. How I wish I can plant tulips in tropical Singapore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u can plant durian trees :) hehe..my fave..yeah, next time i'll bring a tulip that i've grown myself back for u :)

    ReplyDelete