It's hard to say goodbye to anything/anyone in the past. Honestly, it pains your heart and sometimes you wish that things will be the same as before and nothing will ever change. Even the death of our dog just recently is a heartache to all of us, especially my youngest sister. It's hard to accept the agony of eternal farewell.
I have had 4 dogs now ever since we moved to our new home when I was 12 years old. The first one I remembered vividly was from my primary school best friend. Her dog at that time had quite a few new-borns and so she gave us one. Tyro was a cross-breed. I cannot remember what his bloodline was now but he was definitely not a large breed. Mum decided to give him away after 3 years to one of our friends who had a bigger yard than us. Because they adored Tyro so much, I relented in the end convinced that he would be in good hands.
A couple of years later, I bought Tiger together with my ex-bf as a christmas gift to my mum. By then my mother was feeling a tad bit lonely and she wanted a dog to keep her company. So we bought her a Bull Mastiff. He was the gentlest creature that we've ever seen and I loved him to bits. He was a massive breed and I could pretend he was a little pony and ride on him. He was incredible. We had him for 4 years even after I left for studies in Melbourne. But at the end of my final year of University, we decided that my bf's family needed him more than we do because Tiger was a good guard-dog and they have just moved into a large house. It was still all good until we ended our relationship and Tiger stayed at his place. I was still visiting Tiger during the first year after we broke off but then subsequently, I stopped because it became too inconvenient for both of us. I missed Tiger tremendously because he was the very first dog that I single-handedly brought up.
Now we only have Furgo, our golden retriever after Heuger died from a car accident a week ago. It was depressing to lose something that you have always taken for granted to be around. Having pets is the most rewarding and wonderful experience one can have but the death of them can be something that tears you apart as well. As with life itself, sometimes, we take things for granted. When we come to appreciate them, they are gone and lost and we can never find them back. But when I feel the separation is too hard to bear, I will remember and remind myself that the good memories did exist and still exist in the deepest parts of my being and even though circumstances are different now, those memories are not forgotten and they will always be the sweetest parts of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment